Tuesday, May 25, 2010

an update

There have been a lot of things going on lately! Due to my lack of creativity today, I just compiled a simple list of what has been going on in our lives.
* I have started my first and last summer semester at Utah State University. It's been quite a challenge to focus on school work during these summer months.

* Jason had his first experience with ice skating this past weekend. I was really surprised to learn that he had never been on ice skates before. And, let me tell you, it was quite funny to watch. We went for a little birthday celebration for my neice. The children around us had walkers on the ice to help them balance, and I almost wondered if Jason needed one as well! He was clinging to the side wall. When he was brave enough to step two inches away from the wall, he wobbled and flung his arms wildly to balance himself. However, by the end of the night, he was doing very well. What a champ!

The two beginners :)

* We got our hair cut on Saturday. Jason was much happier with this cut than my sorry attempt, and, I must say, he looks very handsome. I got bangs. The last time I had bangs, my mother lovely back combed them into a beautiful floral arrangement on my forehead, so I was bit nervous for them. To my relief, they turned out great, except I just can't do them myself. I just need a beautician to do my hair every day!

* Tonight we ate our first corn on the cob of the season. This is one my favorite parts of summer. I love the way the corn tastes with butter dripping off the cob. There is nothing better than sweet corn stuck in and all around your teeth. It was absolutely scrumptious! I can't wait to eat the corn out of the garden, because it seems to always be so much better!
And that's it. That the life of these newlyweds.

No comments: