Tuesday, June 1, 2010

memorial day

On Memorial Day, Jason and I decided that we have had enough of the cold weather, so we protested. We went swimming, because, dang it, it is supposed to be summer. Now, Bear Lake really is not the place to actually swim, because the water is fridged all year round. Nonetheless, we set out to have a nice summer Memorial Day.The drive there took a bit longer than intended, but it was beautiful when we got there. Once I got out of the car and dipped my toe in the water, I quickly decided that I would not be swimming that day and Jason agreed. That water was cold! There was no way that we would be able to submerse our whole bodies in that lake. I waded out in the water up to my knees, but that was about all the swimming I did.

So, Jason and I sat on the beach and ate a very delicious ham and cheese sandwich. After a grand total of about of about 20 minutes, we had eaten our sandwiches. We looked at each other and wondered what in the world to do now. Luckily, we had a frisby in the car, and we played on the beach for a bit longer, before deciding to drive home. It was a very long drive, and a short stay, but it was a wonderful day to spend our Memorial Day. Hopefully next time we wonder over to Bear Lake, we actually swim.

2 comments:

Michael and Tammi said...

I love reading your blog keep it going now that I can see that you have been doing them I'll read them more often. Can't wait for you to come home.

Dad pollard

Tammi Pollard said...

You guys do the most clever activities!!! I think it looks like fun, keep it up that is what makes the memories!!! love ya mom. P.S. thanks for coming home, sorry I was under the weather!!!!!