Sunday, May 16, 2010

our vacation

This weekend Jason and I took a little time for ourselves. We took short vacation. We took Friday off work and thoroughly enjoyed it. Jason's Dad, who had traveled down from Burley, met up with us and Jason's sisters, Jessica and Jenna, to eat lunch (Thanks, Michael). We visited and had a wonderful time being together.

After our delicious meal, we traveled down to the Salt Lake valley for a wedding for my cousin. We made quite a weekend out of it. I was able to visit my siblings, which is very rare. We don't get TOGETHER too often (I hadn't see my sister, Stephanie, since Christmas!). It was so nice to visit and be with them for a short time.

Jenn and Brandon let us stay at their house (Thank You) and we had so much fun. We went out to eat, hung out, and shopped around town. Jason was introduced to IKEA for the first time. It was quite a thrilling experience. We absolutely LOVED everything we saw. Originally, we went there for Jenn for find a new desk for their beautiful new loft. In the end, we left with a new bookcase for our home. I'm sure that if we had a money tree in our backyard, we would have come home with much more. We are already excited for a return trip to IKEA.
My cousin, Ben, was married on Friday. The wedding itself was quite short. The whole ceremony lasted about 10 minutes. We enjoyed a nice meal following the wedding. I got a little carried away with taking pictures of my super cute neices and nephew. However, Lizzie did not want anything to do with my picture taking. Maybe next time.

It was a fun weekend to be with family. We look forward to seeing them all again.

2 comments:

Morley Fam said...

Hey thats awesome! Sounds like a fun mini vacation! I love the picture of you guys jumping!

Tammi Pollard said...

Looks like you had a great weekend with Family!!! good times and good memories!!!!! Love ya both