Sunday, March 28, 2010

the simple life

After a hard week of school and work, it is nice to simply come home to Jason. Nothing extravagant or exciting happened this weekend, and it was perfect. Although I find myself focusing on how difficult life can be, I realized this weekend that it is important to enjoy the simple things.

Jason and I....

started out the day by having some scones for breakfast. We laughed over breakfast and made a complete mess, but it was simply a perfect way to start out the day. I then made some rolls out of the extra dough. They turned out a bit funny-looking but oh well.
The welcome sign is courtesy of my sister Jenn. Behind them are my funny looking rolls.

We of course had to do the routine Saturday cleaning, so that we are ready for yet another week. We later visited family in Richmond, Lewiston, and Clarkston. We are pretty lucky to have some of our family close by. We love to simply be with them and visit.
In the evening, we went for a simple walk around Logan. It was beautiful.
That night we made a simple dinner. Pizza. Yum! After, we played a stimulating game of scrabble. I can never beat Jason, though. I guess I needed to improve my vocabulary. He gave me some sympathy points by letting me play some words that are not even real words. In all fairness, they really did sound legit, though. And then we took silly pictures of ourselves.
There you have it. It is simply a wonderful life. The end.

4 comments:

Royal Princess Academy said...

I LOVE it!!! Simple sounds great.... I may have to take up that motto myself!!! Thanks for the great post, and it was SO good to see you guys, we really need to do it more often!

Amber said...

You are so cute! Glad all is going well!

Tammi Pollard said...

What a fun "SIMPLE" Post!!! Don't ya just love those kick back relaxing weekends???? love you guys

Michael and Tammi said...

Simple, Sounds like a great day if you ask me. Emily, loved your blog. The only thing I would of added was a good afternoon nap. Wish you lived closer.

miss you guys

dad Pollard