Sunday, March 21, 2010

spring break 2010

When someone talks about spring break, you automatically assume that they went to some exotic island and played all week long. Well, Jason and I mostly stayed in Logan and worked. No fun, but definately not uneventful.

Our week started out really good. We spent the weekend up in Burley with the family. Jason's cute sisters hung out with us and we had a fun time. We visited Grandpa Morley and played tons of games. Jason's little sister went on her very first date. Although I think that boy was a bit intimidated by Jason, it was very exciting. It was a very relaxing and wonderful weekend to be in Burley.
Then, we returned to Logan. Not a good idea. Jason and I went to work from eight until six every day. Who said this was a break?? I received my first speeding ticket ever. Jason sprained his ankle really bad. And no homework was done, as we had planned to. What a week.
On a happier note, Jason and I got our first washer and dryer. We think it is the next best thing to sliced bread. It is wonderful! We have since done three loads of laundry and we both take a moment to just look at these great machines.
We finished up our week by going to the Salt Lake Temple early on Saturday morning. It was beautiful day and a wonderful experience.
And that is it for us. Spring Break was no break at all, but we are sure happy that we had a week of no school.

5 comments:

CeCille Hall said...

It sound like a pretty good Spring Break to me - a fun trip to Burley, the ankles is getting better, you learned a good lesson from the ticket and you'll love that washer and dryer for years to come. Only 6 weeks of school left. Good luck!

Jenn and Brandon said...

Thanks for stopping by to see us...you know we are only 25 minutes away from the temple. Grrr... And your FIRST speeding ticket? Wow! I don't know how many I've had...Did they give you a ticket when you torched your car?

Michael and Tammi said...

I agree with CeCille, it sounds like a great week...I was exhausted keeping up with all that you did. Where do you guys fine the energy to do all that? WOW! I guess Emily will slow down and Jason...unless you want another ER bill I suggest you cool it on the Basketball court. Glad your okay though and hey what great looking washer and dryer. I've never even heard of a top load dryer thats cool. Enjoyed having you both home for a few days. I can't think of any thing more worth while to do on Spring break than for you to attend the temple, I'm proud of you both for having the right perspective on things. I bet your mom and Dad would agree Emily. Your a great example to the rest of us.

Love ya
dad Pollard

Tim & Lisa Hale said...

WOW! IT looks like you had an exciting time. Oh and Em I am proud that you got a ticket....it shows that you are a true hall.

Tammi Pollard said...

I love your new washer & dryer, they look really cool!!! congrats, I remeber the day when we got our first set, it is liberating!!!!! love ya MOM