Wednesday, April 7, 2010

weekend of conference

Conference weekend is a big occasion to me. I absolutely love it. I get so excited for this weekend. It only comes every six months, you know. But, honestly, who wouldn't look forward to conference weekend?? You get to hear the prophet speak (aren't you so grateful for a prophet??) and eat good food. Enough said.

Growing up, my family had numerous traditions during this weekend. One of these is the Cinnamon Twist. Mom made a gigantic cinnamon roll and we all ate it from the pan. It is scrumptious. Although no one can make it like Mom can, I have attempted to twice. The first one I burnt way back in October...but that is just my luck with baking as you all now know. This one turned out quite a bit better. And yes, Jason and I ate the whole thing by ourselves. We are now regretting eating all of the massive cinnamon roll. After the boys attend the priesthood session of conference, the girls, once they meet the age requirement of 18 years of age, meet up with them at the Coppermill and have a delicious meal with the whole extended family. It's mass chaos, but that is the Hall family for ya. It's great. Thanks to Dad for the wonderful meal.
(This is not the best picture of Jason and me, but its all I got....thanks to Jenn for taking crazy pictures of us)
Here are some of my beautiful Hall cousins and Aunt Karalee. I love them all to death and was so lucky to grow up so close to them all. It was fun to see them all again. We talked and laughed at each other, and it was a great way to end the Saturday night.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday sessions of conference. President Uchtdorf's talk was beautiful and I enjoyed Elder Andersen's talk as well. It is simply wonderful to have the restored gospel on the earth and to be led by a prophet. Sunday was a perfect end to our weekend. I look forward to the next conference.

4 comments:

Honeybee said...

I made a Sweet Petal Roll too! :) It is the yummiest thing ever. It's become a Hall/Quigley tradition for us on Conference weekend too, sorry we missed dinner it looks like it was a good turnout.

Jenn and Brandon said...

I had a cinnamon twist too! I love that stuff. Did you know mom chickened out and didn't make one? Hmmm... You are welcome for the pics of you and Jason.

Jordan + Kayla said...

I dont have an email for you guys.. what is it so i can send an invite to my blog

Jenna Cox said...

Sounds like you guys had fun!!! I need to grab that recipe from you... but first you need to teach me some of your wicked amazing cool bread making skills :) haha I didn't recieve the bread making gene in our family.... :)