Tuesday, September 25, 2012

parenting

So this is us prior to the baby.  Actually, this picture is of us when I was in labor and feeling great.  Very alive and lots of energy.
 
 
Fast forward a mere two weeks later, and we are dead tired!  This is Jason zonked out on the floor while he was "watching" Beckham.  For being only 7 lbs and 11 oz, he wears us out!

This has really been an adjustment for us, especially for me.   Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who has been helping me out.  He has been getting up with Beckham at night too so that I can get some sleep.  But, we are starting to notice the affects on both of us due to the lack of sleep.  I apparently have taken up snoring.  Lovely.  Jason has been sleep walking and talking about the baby.  (He has even gotten out of bed thinking that there is an invisable baby in his arms that needs feeding.  This has happened now for three consecutive nights.  Too funny!)  Geez!  Who knew that having a baby would do this?

2 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Haha! Brandon talks in his sleep sometimes, but never with an imaginary baby! I love it! Isn't it nice when the boys get up to take the babies? I seriously still LOVE that and take advantage of it every time I can. I warned you to get some sleep. I honestly don't remember a time that I wasn't just a little bit tired. Good luck! Call me and I'll come watch him sometime so you can sleep - either it will cure me of this baby-hunger that I have no chance of satisfying or else I will just keep him forever...not sure which one.

Kathryn McFall said...

Those babies completely change everything! I hope you are adjusting well! That lack of sleep is a killer! I remember waking up thinking I was still holding Evalyn all the time!