Monday, June 21, 2010

my bargin shopper

So Jason is a bargin shopper. If there is a good deal, Jason will buy it, even if we don't need it. Recently, we are have taken up the hobby of going to yard sales and browsing over the items. Well, on Saturday Jason found some yard sales to go check out and I tagged along. We really had no intentions of buying anything, but then we made our last stop. I knew that when Jason saw that grill, there was no way to talk him out of it. Although they were asking a whopping $50 for this new grill, Jason knew that he, of all people, could talk them down. After a while of bartering the owner did back down. While this was all happening, I was far away looking at purses. I'm not one to barter. Well, on that sunny day, Jason proudly left the yard sale with a new grill and a full propane tank for a mere $30. What a guy. We had steak that night for dinner. And we just might be eating out on the grill every night this summer.
On a side note, we went to the SummerFest in Logan too. We listened to some delightful salsa music and watched all of the crazy people of Logan dance to it. This was only my second time to the SummerFest, and I must say, it was quite enjoyable.

4 comments:

Royal Princess Academy said...

WHOA Nice grill there buddy!!!! Now- find us one LOL!!!!! Looks like a fun day.... Great post! Miss you guys...

Michael and Tammi said...

WOW! Talk about a deal. Let me get this right, you bought $30.00 worth of Propane(which is about what it is for a tank) and you got the grill for free? WOW what a wheeler dealer. You kids tickle my funny bone. Emily I loved how you wrote this because I was laughing all the way through it. Your so cute. Jason I've included my list of things for you to look for in your dealings;

1. Plane tickets to Maine
2. Dado set
3. Radial Arm saw
4. Drill press
5. impact drill
6. swing set
7. first edition of Book of Mormon
8. Left handed screw driver
9. Superman lunch box
10. flag pole

This should get you started. I'm very impressed with your deal. I can believe that you haggled over $20.00....it all would of been worth the $50.00 They must have really need to get it sold, how did you get them to come down 20.00 anyways?

Love ya
dad

The Pollards said...

Well, first off I have already been looking for the tools you've asked, all except the left handed screw driver.I almost came out o the same moving sale with a 10 ft. picnic table too.

Tammi Pollard said...

WOW!!! I too am so impressed!!!! what a great looking grill,and I wouldn't say no to a 10ft. Picnic table!!!!! good job you guys!!! love ya keep your eyes out for a cool old bike with a cute basket!!!! :):)