Friday, April 30, 2010

the cut

Just by glancing over these pictures, most of your are thinking "uh-oh." I must say I think the same thing every time I see these pictures. We obviously were not of sound mind when we attempted to cut Jason's hair.

Now, Jason's sister, Jess, is an amazing beautician. We rely on her (a bit too much) to make sure that our hair is cut and looking decent. She was a bit busy this past week, and Jason and me, being the very impatient people that we are, decided that just this once I would try to trim Jason's hair, because it was a bit too long, and then we could have Jess finish it later. Not such a good idea.
Out at the Hall residence on Saturday, I took the hair trimmer to Jason's head. The task may look easy to preform when watching a skilled beautician do it, but, my dear friends, that is not the case. I started out just randomly grazing the trimmer over Jason's head, and it looked...okay. But, then I decided to go shorter. Let's just say that by the time I had finished, Jason's hair looked like a patched quilt. His hair was completely different lengths in various places, and he was a nervous wreck. By this time, Jason and I decided I should probably stop before it got any worse. He could have lost all of his hair completely. I quickly sent him down to Vaughn, the local barber, to fix the mess I made. Apparently when Jason stepped into the barber shop, Vaughn ask, "What happened to you?!" Jason's reply, "My wife."
Well, Vaughn told Jason that he only knew one hair style, and the picture above shows it. The flat top (or in Jason's words: military man cut). Jason's hair is now about 1/4 of an inch long, and he is now sporting a hat just about every day, but I'm sure in about 2 weeks he will need another hair cut. When that time comes, I will not be "trimming it." I have now vowed that I will NEVER attempt such a task again. I'll leave that one to the expert.

5 comments:

Jalene said...

haha that is so funny. we have thought about saving money and me learning how to cut lincoln's hair because it grows uber fast. i might screw it up though...

Jenn and Brandon said...

You are pretty brave...I haven't attempted to cut Brandon's hair yet, but that's because I'm a chicken. And we've have several of Vaughn's cuts--they are always a little shorter that what I wish he'd do, but it's $6 so I figure Brandon's hair will grow back.Ü

CeCille Hall said...

Cute blog - everybody should try it once.

Tammi Pollard said...

I agree with CeCille, everyone should try to cut her husbands hair at least once, then maybe impatience won't get the best of him next time..

Michael and Tammi said...

Son, I think you have learned an important lesson. Hopefully, you will save yourself some grief next time. Every man out there lets their wife cut their hair at least once and usually that's all it takes for them to never let them do it again. Lesson learned! Here's a tip for you....don't try the waxing thing or you will be sorry. They love to see us in pain!

dad