Wednesday, December 30, 2009

a very merry first Christmas

Our first Christmas together was wonderful. This whole holiday season was fun for Jason and I to share traditions and make our own.

*This Christmas Eve, we went up to Lewiston to Grandma Hall's for our big family get together. Growing up, the grandchildren would reinact the nativity, but now that we are all older, the younger generation has replaced us. I must say that they do a wonderful job and it is always fun to be together with the whole family. Grandma even said that Santa stopped by and dropped off some extra gifts that he had earlier that day. I received a nice dish towel for the apartment, and Jason got some winter gloves. Thanks Santa! We had a wonderful evening with the family.
A little explanation is needed for this collage below. The top picture is of Jason and me with Casen. Kaitlyn and I are seen making a funny face in the next. Grandma Richards and Mom are next. Grandma Richards came up for Christmas and it was sure nice to have her there. Below is Grandma Hall in that tiny picture, Jason, Me, and then the cutest little shepard, Trevor.

* This is Christmas morning. We look lovely, but I still need to document it. I was the first to wake up at about 5:30 a.m. Yes. I was very excited to see what Santa brought. I feel asleep soon after as we traveled.

My mom and dad gave us some cute new Aggie shirts. This is the only picture we have of us together in them. Go Aggies!

* After traveling up to Lewiston to see the Halls, we made our way up to Burley to see the Pollards. We had nice Christmas night and weekend with them playing games and watching movies. I had good intentions to take more pictures while we were up in Burley, but I have some much fun hanging out with the family that I forget. These few will have to do until we are in Burley again.
Jason and I love to play games and every time we go to Burley, we have so much fun playing all sorts of games with the family. Jason has taken a liking to playing chess lately. He has grown tired of playing it with me though, because I'm not much competition. Apparently, his uncle, Tony, is the master and Jason has been looking forward to playing him for some time. Jason does what every one to know that he, in fact, did win this game.

These are some of the gifts we received from Jason's parents. We got an external hard drive for our computer, and Jason was oh-so happy about that. He has been talking about it for days now. He also got some pajama pants. I got some cute cloths and a huge jug of Paul Mitchell hairspray. I love it! It smells so good and works wonders. Thanks for the gifts!

It was very good Christmas and now we are already talking about what we are going to do for next Christmas. Only a year away.

3 comments:

Royal Princess Academy said...

I'm so glad that you had a Merry FIRST Christmas! Isn't it fun... and there are many more to come! You guys are too cute!

Michael and Tammi said...

I loved reading your blog. Emily, you do a good job up-edating. How cute you guys are in your shirts. It sounds like you really traveled everywhere this Christmas. We always enjoy having you come. First Christmas's are so exciting and one's you'll never forget.

May the New year bring you many blessings and happy memories.

WE love you guys. Come again soon.

Bump pa

Tammi Pollard said...

Isn't Christmas magical??? I love it, it is my favorite time of the year. You guys are sooo cute together, it sounds like you have fun filled time. Jayme & I can't wait to have ya come home to play Settlers so we will see you soon. Love Tammi