Sunday, July 21, 2013

just mom and dad

Sometimes the parents around here need some time together, just the two of us. Not at home. Just out having fun. Thanks to Jason's work and Grandma, we got to do that.
Can you believe Jason has never been to Lagoon?! Yes. Crazy.  That is just sad!  At the young age of 25, he has his first experience.  We road the big roller coasters and got a little wet. 
 
 And we acted a bit silly. (Good thing we didn't see too many people we knew!)
We only stayed a few hours and only got on a few of the rides, and it was so so nice to have a little time to ourselves to have fun.  I must admit though, we found out that we are getting old.  Jason and I got sick after a few of the rides (What the?!).  Some of the things that I thought were fun back-in-the-day just wore me out.  We were ready to leave shortly after lunch, a few hours after we arrived.  There were so many young, half-dressed wiper-snappers all over trying to be bad to the bone (How did I not notice this before and why am I taking note now??).  Wow.  I guess this is a sign. We are getting old.

3 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Sounds like my last experience with Lagoon...sick, sick, sick. I think we got that from dad. Ha! Looks like fun...jealous you can get mom to babysit for ya!

Tammi Pollard said...

Um, don't feel to bad for Jason, he has indeed been to Lagoon as a 4yr. Old singing with Sunshine generation.....The Samari was not his favorite. How fun for the two of you to spend much needed time together.....

The Pollards said...

Oh good! I knew that was a little too crazy to have never been there before.