Sunday, July 7, 2013

Independence Day 2013

It was Beckham's first Independence Day Holiday. (Personally, I think it is the best day of the year! I get so excited that I just can't sleep the night before!) I don't think Beckham was nearly as excited as I was, but we still had a fun day of celebrations.
 


Jason and Beckham were matching for the day. I thought it was cute.

We were so happy to see Grandma and to have her with us for part of the day.  
Beckham saw his first parade with all his cousins.  They were cute.

During the parade, he was introduced to a sucker. He was a mess, but he liked it. Yay for sugar! He was pretty content to watch the never-ending parade floats and play with cousins. 

We enjoyed a lovely afternoon lunch at my Aunt Alyson and Uncle Jan's house. They had all sorts of fun toys for the kids to play on. Beckham was a pretty big fan of swimming in the watering trough with his cousins. 
It didn't take too long for a water fight to break out among our cousins, aunts, and uncles. We were soaked and enjoyed every minute of being together. I was unable to properly dunk my husband and a few others.  Be warned. Next year, I will!
Later in the day, we had a pleasant afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I had some girl talk with my sisters and nieces. Jason and the boys played a little basketball (and I will have you know that I won TWO games....yes I can beat the boys). Beckham was so happy to play with the fun toys and cousins. He and Sara enjoyed a few books together.

Beckham didn't last too much longer after that. He was so tired! That's what happens when you play all day long. No naps! Yikes! So, he missed out on the fireworks. He slept right through it. We were all thankful. 

Jason was really happy to shoot off his huge stash of fireworks after the city's firework display. My mom and dad just about had a heart attack. They never do big fireworks, but they made it through. It was quite the show and Jason was right pleased. He looks forward to the holiday just for the fireworks. 

The day ended quite late, and we were all exhausted.  It was a wonderful holiday, and we are all looking forward to it next year. 

No comments: