Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

This year marks our third Christmas together. Wow. Time sure flies! Jason and I enjoyed the holiday with family and friends here in the valley. It was nice to visit and see our family members. We really are so blessed. Now that the holidays are coming to an end, we wish we had a little more time to spend with them.
Due to tradition, we spent Christmas Eve at Grandma Halls. It was great food and company. The nativity reinactment was so cute to watch and was a good reminder of what Christmas is all about. Here are just a few pictures from the night.
Jason and I hurried home after the Christmas Eve Party to go to bed. Santa doesn't come to kids who are awake, you know! Below are the lovely morning shots of us opening our gifts that Santa left for us.
Jason got a new watch, belt (which was greatly needed!), and books. Santa left me a lot of baking goods, which was just what I asked for. And, yes. I tried them out a few minutes after opening them at 6:00 am. So exciting! But the best gift of all this year was a rocking chair that Jason made for me. So sweet. Isn't he the best?
It was a great Christmas that flew by. Jason and I are still wondering how the Christmas season went so fast this year.

2 comments:

Kathryn McFall said...

I completely agree about Christmas going by too fast this year! How awesome that Jason made you a rocking chair! That is way sweet!:)

Michael and Tammi said...

Sounds like you ahd a great Christmas but I was mostly amazed that this was your third Christmas together....wow time really flies by fast

Can't wait for next year!
dad