Friday, August 13, 2010

a trip with the girls

Have you ever heard the phrase,"Shop until you drop"? Well I really didn't understand that phrase until I went with the Pollard girls to Salt Lake. These girls travel to Salt Lake every year around August to shop, shop, shop. This has become quite the tradition. This trip was my first full experience with the Girls' Trip.

We literally got to the Gateway when stores were just starting to open and shop until they closed. I have never been on such an intense shopping trip before, but we had such a good time getting shopping for our cloths for the next year.


(This is only picture I got of us in a store. We were just so busy shopping to pose for a picture!)

We ate lots of yummy food too! THe resturants were awesome. On a side note, all of us loved the desserts at Applebees and the chocolates at the Gateway. I think the only problem was that I ate too much , so I'll start my exercising tomorrow....maybe.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was riding in the car with everyone. We all sang along to songs from Colbie Caillat, Glee, and Sugarland. I wasn't really on tune, but everyone else was.

This picture shows how crowded the car ride home was. It was amazing that we were even able to get every purchase in the car with us. We had bags everywhere --under the seat, in our laps, stacked all around our seats, and everywhere in between. We were all set with another year's worth of clothing.

That was one crazy adventure. We laughed at silly things, sang loud to Colbie Callet, Glee, and Sugarland songs, and just enjoyed being together. We had such a good time. Thanks to the Pollard gals! I am already looking forward to next year.

P.S. Jason feels a bit left out of this post. So, while I was away vacationing, Jason was slaving away at work. However, on Friday he went up to Burley to spend some quality time with his dad. Jason was talking about his trip all week. They built him a really cool hat rack, that is painted black and green (Boston Celtic green--mind you) and now hangs in our office. Jason always enjoys being with his dad. Thanks for entertaining him, Michael.

Jason and I each went on vacation, and now we are home and back to the same routine. But is was sure nice to have little break from every day life.

2 comments:

Royal Princess Academy said...

We really did have such a good time..... can't wait till next year, so glad that you came with us. However crazy we may be we enjoy spending time with each other!!!

Tammi Pollard said...

Oh Em I lvoe this post, I am so glad you had a good time with our crazyness!!!! we really enjoyed having you with us, now as tradition you offically are a part of the "GIRLS TRIP", until next year!!!!