Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Orlando 2014 - part 2

The reason we went to Orlando was for Jason to work, and work he did! He was running all over trying to get things done.
This is him at "The Expo" where he spent most of his time.  Sometimes when it was not busy, Beckham and I would wonder down for a quick visit.
He also got to meet Lou Holtz at this convention.  He was one of the key note speakers, and Jason was ecstatic to meet him.

With Jason gone most of our stay, that left Beckham and I to have plenty of time on our own.  I was actually a little nervous to have so much time without Jason in a place I was not too familiar with, but we had a great time together.  Look back at it, I am really grateful for the time we had together.  I didn't have to worry about everything back home - work, housework, meal planning, etc.  It was so nice to slow down and focus on Beckham. 

We explored every square inch of the hotel grounds.  There was so much to see and the grounds were beautiful.




We also spent some time at Downtown Disney together - just the two of us.


We even went on a little train ride together in Downtown Disney.  So cute!  And, this little boy loved it.
We also spent some time in the hotel, because it was huge.  Beckham loved being on the escalators
And he enjoyed being on the elevator.  Each time we got on the elevator, Beckham would do a little dance because being on an elevator is so fun, you know.  What a funny boy.

We found out that Beckham is deathly afraid of the shower.  We only had a shower in our hotel, and he did not want any part of it.  No sir!  So we had to improvise and made the shower into a shallow bathtub, and hey, he really enjoyed it.  Some days he just wanted to sit in there with his toys and play.  (Notice the band aids on his knees.  He had many scrapes and bruises on this trip.  And we talked about them every 10 minutes and compared owies with Dad)
We also found out that Beckham wants to just be a big boy.  The night we arrived, we got a crib for him to sleep in, and he would not have it.  So for our whole trip, he slept on a hide-a-bed.  He slept so good.  So good that we are considering moving our crib out of his bedroom back at home. 
Beckham enjoyed having a real phone.  No cell phone.  A real phone.  He played with it like it was the next best thing to sliced bread.
And, at night we would reunite with Dad.  We looked forward to it every night.  We would go out to eat and play as long as possible with our Dad.


Being together at night was the highlight of each and every day.  However, I must admit, that I enjoyed every last minute with Beckham - just the two of us.  I didn't have to worry about anything and I was able to slow down and just be with my son.  I actually realized some things about him that I hadn't noticed before.  I saw that this toddler wants so bad to be an independent little boy.  I honestly will forever be grateful for the moments that we had together on this trip.

No comments: