Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

It really is hard to believe that our Thanksgiving holiday is already over. I must say that this year our family had a fantastic holiday together. We actually had an entire week of celebrations for this Thanksgiving and realized we have a lot to be grateful for. 

Jason took some much needed time off work and school to spend a little extra time with our boy and me. Beckham and I were (and still are) very grateful for his extra time.  I love that I have these two boys.
We had a very special surprise the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Our Uncle Court made a surprise long trip home for the holiday. We were so grateful to see and be with him. And, he took me to lunch one of the days he was here. Yup. He's a pretty good brother to me. 

We had quite a small gathering for our Thanksgiving dinner. Small enough to use real fancy plates! We were very grateful that our grandpa was feeling well and able to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal with us. 

Mom and I spent most of the time that morning in the kitchen, and I am amazed at how much I still learn from her in that kitchen. I am grateful for her. She made us one delicious feast, and that should be no surprise to anyone. My mom somehow makes everything taste better. She's the best. 
The boys watched some football games.  It wouldn't be Thanksgiving at our house without some sports. So, I think it is safe to say that we were grateful for football that day. It actually is something I look forward to, as well. 
Beckham took a long rest, for which this mom was very thankful. 
Some of Beckham's cousins were at Grandma's for the holiday, and boy, are we ever grateful for our cousins. Beckham was literally overjoyed to be with some of his cousins. He even squealed when Jason put him on the floor next to the other kids playing with Grandma's toys. Grant was so kind to show Beckham how to play cars, which was just about the highlight of Beckham's whole day. 
It was also a very nice day, and we took advantage of it. I played a tiny bit of frizby and Beckham enjoyed his time in the swing. He also took it upon himself to chase the kitties all over the yard, and Grandma followed him everywhere his heart desired. We were very thankful for the beautiful weather and the fun activities we were able to do.   
It was a great day, and we were extremely grateful for the people we were with that day. 

On Friday we took a trip up to see Nanna and Bumpa for another Thanksgiving feast. We made the trip in record time and Beckham slept the whole way, which was a blessing!

We enjoyed our time with everyone there. Although we all live relatively close to each other we don't get together too often. So it was nice to all be in one place again. 
Jason brought a gigantic big screen and projector, which he set up downstairs for football and family togetherness. I must admit. It was very fun, and I was happy to be together with our family and enjoy. 
Mr. B was delighted to find his cousins Kayson and Kyler there. He absolutely loves being with them. We found that Beckham and Kyler were collectively grateful for the technology that allowed them to watch Old McDonald and the Animal Sounds Song over and over again. I also believe that they were very grateful for wonderful aunts who helped them accomplish this. 
Beckham was also grateful for a buddy to hang out and do boy stuff with. Kayson let Beckham tag around with him. He showed Beckham how to play cars and let the little boy wrestle him. We were grateful that these two cousins were around. 
 Four  aunts, one uncle, a Bumpa, and a Nanna looked after our little boy, and Beckham loved the attention. Jason and I got to go on a date with their help, which was long overdue and a wonderful for us. It may have seemed small thing to babysit, but to me, it was a huge blessing. I was thankful for that date. 
On Saturday, we had a lovely feast. I believe it is a family tradition for everyone at the table to list one item that they were thankful for. I love this! Some of the things were really sweet and just made me so happy. It is a wonderful tradition to do. 

Also, we were all grateful for the delicious food. Beckham loved having company in a high chair next to him when he ate. There were so many goodies and snacks that were to-die-for. It was fantastic. 

Really this was only a slight glimpse into our Thanksgiving celebrations, and this is only a very small list of things we are grateful for. Yes. This holiday is a great time to count my blessings, but if I am really honest with myself, I have a lot to be grateful for everyday. 

1 comment:

Michael and Tammi said...

Love having you home and enjoyed the pic's of the kids playing with a cell phone with their binki's very cute

love bumpa